CLEANbee - Commercial & Residential Cleaning
Dismiss Notice
Free Ads - Buy. Sell. Anything. Sign up for a free account today!

Butler RV Center Review - Think before purchasing an RV or Trailer from them

Discussion in 'Travel' started by JJ Smith, May 17, 2017.

1. JJ Smith

JJ Smith Member

To be honest I hate writing these types of reviews but the consumer needs to be warned and there seems to be a lot of other people who have the same issue with their customer service. So please be warned to do your research on this company before purchasing with them. We wish we would have bought our new trailer from B & R Camper Sales on 422 as we bought all our other campers there and their service is #1 in our books. No one better than them!

So where do I start? Let's start at the beginning.

Please keep in mind we have been camping for many years and it was time for a new trailer. So we packed up and headed out hoping to buy the trailer of our dreams, but instead got a lemon with the worse customer service I have even seen from a company.

So when you pay almost $45,000 for a camper you think the dealer would care. Come to find out nope! They don't. Let me break it down on what we got. We purchase a 40ft destination trailer by Forest River a Cherokee Limited. This trailer had 4 tip outs, power everything and almost everything had been broken since day one. I will write the list below of all the issues we have had and what has been fixed.

1. Bed Broke - (We fixed with new wood supports)
    2. Heater - Broke since day one - (New heater installed)
    3. Shower leaked - (They fixed by sealing it)
    4. Floor cut and pieces missing - Gave them bill to have it all replaced - Waiting
    5. Refrigerator - Compressor broke and needing to be replaced - (Fixed)
    6. Awning broke and falls to ground - Fixed half of it - another side still broke - 6 months and waiting - (Fixed)
    7. Door ripped off by tip out closing - Still waiting for new door and parts - 6 months and waiting - (Fixed)
    8. Back Air Conditioner - New one on order (Replaced)
    9. Large tip out seal ripped - (Fixed with new seal)
    10. No bracket for TV installed in living room - Still the wrong bracket and not installed (Fixed)
    11. Screen door was broken - (Replaced)

As you see paying $45,000 gets you a nice pile of junk and the slowest service I have ever seen from a company. Butler RV Center blames it on the manufacturer and I blame it on them. They can make it right, but seem to push you off unless you call non-stop.

We purchased the unit on June 6th of 2016 and this camper isn't even a year old year and look at all the issues. We also purchased a 5-year warranty and we are talking about canceling it and getting our money back as their service is just worth nothing in our book.

We have heard many people have good experiences with Butler RV Center, but ours has been a nightmare. Try paying for a trailer and lot rent and not being able to use it due to service not caring or getting the right parts.

Please be warned and do your research on Butler RV Center before you purchase from them. We will never purchase their again due to the bad service. You have to have a good service department to deal with issues and this is where we think the ball gets dropped.

I hope this review will get them to take care of customers who have real issues and problems in the future.

butlerrvcenter-com-1.png
    butlerrvcenter-com-3.png
    butlerrvcenter-com-2.png

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2018
  2. JJ Smith

JJ Smith Member

As of today I updated the first post. The air condition was replaced and is working good now. Still waiting on a new door, floor to be fixed, and tv mount for the wall to be installed.

3. Butler County PA Flea Market

Butler County PA Flea Market Site Admin Staff Member

Sorry for all the issues you're having friend.

4. JJ Smith

JJ Smith Member

After leaving a 1-Star review on Facebook and Google I was contacted by Sue Greenert who is the manager on their Facebook page. The next day at 9:22 a.m. the service tech was at our place fixing the issues.

One issue is left which is the pieces of (floor) that are cut and missing.

Will update when this issue is fixed. Sad it has taken a year for the issues to be all fixed.

Their Google review is very poor and I will never purchase anything from them again. Lesson well learned.